Canadian Red Cross – Client Services Volunteer – Health Equipment Loan Program
The Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP) offers mobility, independence and safety to people recovering from illness or surgery or wishing to spend their final days in their own homes. The HELP Client Services Volunteer provides administrative support like answering the phone and coordinating health equipment loans and returns.
The HELP program is looking for volunteers for the following offices:
Southern BC: 100 Mile House, Ashcroft, Castlegar, Cawston, Clearwater, Cranbrook, Edgewood, Elkford, Creston, Enderby, Fernie, Grand Forks, Invermere, Kamloops, Kaslo, Kelowna, Lake Country, Lillooet, Merritt, Nelson, Oliver, Penticton, Princeton, Revelstoke, Salmon Arm, Trail, West Kelowna, Vernon
• Connect with clients and health care providers to verify referral requests, facilitate the loaning and returning of health equipment, make reminder calls, and assist with equipment recalls if required
• Select the appropriate medical equipment to match health professional referrals, complete minor adjustments to ensure appropriate fit for clients
• Ensure the integrity of data collection and recording of all call/ client trackers and statistical information
• Provide instruction(s) on basic equipment use and respond to client enquiries regarding equipment set-up, returns, repairs and loan extensions
• Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment
• Accept financial and equipment donations to the Canadian Red Cross, and issue tax and non-tax receipts as needed
• Complete other duties as required
You will enjoy:
• Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
• Flexibility: a schedule that is flexible and fits into your life, vacation plans and family commitments.
• Meaningful Work: you will be helping people recovering from illness and surgery and those wishing to stay in their home longer.
How to apply:
Applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record check, and a vulnerable sector check.
Tell us about yourself along with any skills and experience you can bring to the Red Cross by completing an online application:
Or email us at volunteerBCY@redcross.ca for more information.