Canadian Red Cross
The Canadian Red Cross is seeking Friendly Calls Program Volunteers to work with the Community Health Teams.
Supported by the Friendly Calls Program Coordinator or designate, volunteers will be responsible for establishing and maintaining regular telephone contact with assigned program participants for the purpose of providing companionship, emotional support and connections to community resources as required. Volunteers will provide an integral service in helping individuals feel connected to their communities, assist in reducing the effects of loneliness and strengthen their resilience toward wellness and independence. As a member of our Friendly Calls Program team, you will:
- Establish and maintain regular telephone contact with assigned program participants for the purpose of providing companionship and emotional support, and connections to community resources as required.
- Consult with Friendly Calls Coordinator or designate for contact with other health professionals and for referrals to other services.
- Keep detailed accurate records.
- Escalate any concerns regarding assigned program participants to the coordinator/designate.
- Participate in ongoing learning opportunities as required.
By getting involved with the Friendly Calls program, you can:
- Give your time to a meaningful cause
- Improve your participant’s life by helping to reduce the impacts of social isolation
- Learn and get inspired
- Strengthen your community
- Use and improve your skills
- Boost your résumé
- Gain access to online educational modules for your own professional development
You will enjoy:
Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality
Opportunity: to work with others, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration; Meaningful Work: you and your team will provide friendly, wellness check-in calls to those who are experiencing loneliness and/or isolation.
Flexibility: in time commitment and location, allowing you to volunteer close to home, or across Canada, for a few hours each week; Training & Development: comprehensive orientation as well as ongoing training and development.
How to apply:
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
This position will require a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check or equivalent.
Tell us about yourself along with any skills and experience you can bring to the Red Cross by completing an online application: https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRCS&cws=67&rid=8073 or email volunteerBCY@redcross.ca