Project Development Officer – May 2018
Reporting to, and taking direction via contract from, the Revelstoke Community Housing Society (RCHS), the Project Development Officer will be responsible for all activities required to take the Bridge Creek Properties, Humbert St. development, from concept to preliminary project approval stage.
The Project Development Officer will deliver the attached project development task assignments on schedule and within budget The individual must be able to plan, organize, schedule and direct all aspects of this phase of the project including liaising with appropriate parties, negotiating contracts on behalf of RCHS, preparing budget, cost estimates and preliminary development schedule. The individual will be responsible for communication with all parties and ensuring proper documentation is maintained both in electronic versions and hard copy.
- Demonstrated success in the delivery of similar projects with multiple partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of the sub division process and requirements for completion of the PLA conditions, housing development processes, zoning bylaws and building codes.
- Ability to work positively with RCHS and a number of partners including BC Housing, City of Revelstoke Planning and Engineering departments and architects.
- Ability to read and understand legal documents and to prepare contracts.
- Preference will be given to current residents of Revelstoke meeting these requirements.
Please email your proposal demonstrating how you meet these requirements and why you are an ideal candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
Only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Candidates selected for an interview will be asked for references supporting their recent work experience.
Wages & Hours and Conditions of Work
The fixed price for this contract work is $14,000. Hours are flexible and to be billed monthly for time utilized in completing task assignments. An office is not provided. The successful candidate will have WCB coverage, City of Revelstoke Business Licence and appropriate liability insurance.