Client Services Volunteer – Canadian Red Cross
Do you enjoy working with others and making a difference in your community? Are you a friendly, outgoing person who enjoys meeting new people every day? Do you want to help the Canadian Red Cross help vulnerable people by providing much needed support to those who need it the most?
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Client Services Volunteer for the Health Equipment Loan Program. Reporting to the Team Lead, this position provides frontline contact for in-person and telephone inquiries from the public with a primary responsibility to provide loans and accept returns of health equipment. The Canadian Red Cross Health Equipment Loan Program is a short-term loan service which provides medical equipment (with medical referral) to people in need on a donation basis.
- Provides professional customer service and information to the public, both by telephone and in-person
- Selects appropriate equipment to match health professional referral and completes minor adjustments to ensure appropriate fit for clients
- Directs telephone inquiries to appropriate departments, programs or other agencies
- Responds to inquiries regarding equipment returns, repairs and loan extensions and completes related documentation
- Creates and maintains paper and/or computer records regarding clients, loans and returns
- Liaises with Equipment Supply staff regarding equipment inventory needs
- Requests and accepts financial and equipment donations in support of Canadian Red Cross programs and services and/or other Red Cross appeals
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English, including telephone etiquette
- Training in office administration and/or one year of work related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of medical equipment as asset
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a team
- Must be 18 years of age or will work under the supervision of an adult at all times
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check and a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check.
- We are currently seeking volunteers available to fill one or more of the following shifts: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10am-2pm
- The majority of the work is performed in an office environment and/or warehouse space
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested parties may submit their resumes via the Canadian Red Cross application portal